Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm in California!

We made it! Petra and I ended up having to change our ENTIRE itinerary because of all the snow southern NM and western TX got hit with! We tried to drive to Carlsbad Caverns the second day and ended up getting diverted and almost getting stuck in Van Horn, TX. We were happy we got a hotel and food and gas and then got out! Since other roads in NM looked bad too we decided to just head west, and we spent a few days in AZ before heading to CA. We went to Ciudad Juarez in Mexico briefly, saw an Indian pow-wow in Silver City, NM, went to the Biosphere 2 and Saguaro National Parks in Tucson, and Taliesen West, the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Phoenix. Oh and the Joshua Tree National Park in Cali. We did go to Disneyland and Magic Kingdom and had fun at those places, thankfully. All in all, once we got past the disappointment we had a great trip. And it's great to see my sister!

I will upload more pics later but here is one of the coat I bought Naani because I was nervous about leaving her in the car for hours while we did tourist stuff. It worked out just fine!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks AnnMarie! I'm soooooo glad to have internet and time to use it again!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! I'm so glad that I have a way to hear about what's going on in your life. Keep updating, I check it often :)

Michelle said...

Keren! It's great to hear from you! I really do hope to continue updating it regularly, a couple times a week or so. Probably not while traveling though, we'll see. I think you can subscribe to it so you get an email when there's a new post, is there a link at the bottom of my main blog page that says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)"? That way you don't need to keep checking it, although that works fine too! :) I miss you!

Nichole said...

Glad you made it it out there. Whats a good road trip without unseen circumstances right? :)

Nichole said...

PS I love Naani's coat. cute cute.

Andrew R. Roszak said...

ohhh Naani, it is so great to see you again! I bet Henry would have a lot to tell you (he is with my mom now in Indiana).