Monday, January 29, 2007

Petra's arrival and pictures in Las Cruces.

This is 'Javier'. He is a froggy sippy cup that was a gag gift from Petra's new boyfriend and we took pictures of him all along our trip. Perfect thing to add to a blog, I thought! Here he is overlooking El Paso and Cuidad Juarez after I picked them up from the airport.Here's Petra and me at that same spot:That night we went out for a drink with some friends and my parents, since I was going to be leaving town for a while. Jason is the only one that actually came. I felt like I had no friends! :( We went running that morning! I was very proud of us. :)
Then we went for a short walk around Mesilla, which is the older Spanish town just outside Las Cruces. Mom came along too.Here we are in the Mesilla PlazaJavier and us with piranhas!
Petra and mom in Mesilla Plaza. It was raining already!

That's all for Las Cruces, I'll post more of Texas and Mexico later!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

*sigh* all of a sudden I am homesick for the southwest and Mexican food.

the picture at night is at scenic drive huh? What about the fish in Mesialla? looks like La Posta but I'm not sure.

you guys already look like your having fun, and the trip hadn't even started yet!!

Michelle said...

Oh you two rock!! ((HUGS)) :)

I'm glad you like Javier, AnnMarie! I wasn't sure if I should take up the picture space with him.

Nichole, right on both counts, good job! I'm impressed. :)