Monday, January 15, 2007

The silken swoosh

OK, so I realized today that there is no way I am going to maintain my previous tone for years to come. It is too different from my regular writing style, and feels like too much effort, for me to be able to continue it day in and day out. I was going to erase my previous entries but then I realized, I can still attempt to write well on some days, when the mood strikes me, and just write train-of-thought the rest of the time. This blog is about me, and I am not the same every day.

Of course, no sooner had I written that paragraph than I wanted to try to write creatively again. I yearn to capture the silken swoosh of my skis on the glistening white blanket that tucks in the forested land around me. The euphoria of perfectly linked turns that seem without effort, feeling as if I am soaring a few heavenly inches above the earth, is something I will lust and crave for perpetuity. The beauty of the snow-and-crystal-frosted pine trees hibernating in their wintry glory beneath the vast never-ending azure blue bowl of the southwest sky is a backdrop that human grandeur cannot compete with. The exhilaration I experience from the ability of my own body, which I have sweated and cried and fought to change and can give me so much joy and pleasure and happiness, is most evident when I am hurtling down a bumps run in complete control. There are, in fact, no words to capture that electricity felt at the top of an expert's only run with the knowledge that I have the skill to rock it and make it seem easy! The attempt at transmitting that power is enough and it will continue to be a reason why I write.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you stopped by my site. Yours is great! I'm always looking for more stuff to read. And I love the layout... definitely keep the quote. Don't you love it?

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my little blog, Sarah! I'm still feeling very green and shy about this whole blogging thing so I appreciate the encouragement. Yes, I love, love, love that quote, it's so inspirational and motivational!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hey girl! I saw that you were linking to me. Just wanted to say thanks and I'm glad you enjoy my blog! How did you find me? Keep up the great work in vet school and don't forget how single and fabulous you are!

Michelle said...

Hey Scarlett! I'm actually not in vet school anymore, just waiting to get licensed, but thanks for the encouragement.

I'm always impressed by the effort you put into marketing yourself, it's so important! You sent me a message on one of the boards we both frequent saying you loved my signature, because it celebrates my single status, so I checked out your website and found your blog.

Nichole said...

I really want to go skiing now :o)

Michelle said...

That was my intent, Nichole! I wish I could go more often too...

Michelle said...

cool! You should definitely give it a try AnnMarie, but just remember that it takes a long time to learn and is so dang expensive. But SOOOOOO worthwhile!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hey again Michelle! Awesome, I didn't realize you were the single and fabulous chick from BBB. Very cool! Thanks again for linking me!